The rookie and free agent draft for my dynasty league is coming up this Saturday. I have gained Duke Johnson, Charles Sims, and Derek Carr during the summer, while only losing Randall Cobb and Dion Lewis. Paired with several drops, I will have two overall spots to fill with picks 5 and 15 of the draft. I plan to carry one TE, leaving both spots open for WRs or RBs. I have good depth at both positions and do not need an immediate starter on either side. These are the players I am targeting, in no particular order:
- Sterling Shepard, WR, NYG – Plays on a team with a pass-heavy offense, with an elite counterpart, that keeps talking him up,
- Tajae Sharpe, WR, TEN – Being targeted heavily in the preseason, and is noted for running excellent routes. A few links (one, two) explaining why this is important.
- DeAndre Washington, RB, OAK – According to Matthew Berry, “Hate has gone too far on [Latavius Murray]“. But Deandre Washington can still make an immediate impact, especially in passing situations.
- Josh Doctson, WR, WAS – A top receiving prospect in the 2016 draft. Doctson has largely fallen off the radar due to his Achilles injury, but Head Coach Jay Gruden expects him to be ready for week one.
- Devontae Booker, RB, DEN – Booker profiles as an every down back, that has supplanted Ronnie Hillman as the backup to C.J. Anderson, in an offense tooled to run the ball.
Securing any two of these players would make this a successful draft.